HOMEWORK FOR WEDNESDAY, MAY 11
– Meet in the studio at 11:30am–2:30pm (this is our finals meeting time)
– bring lunch or something to share
– Due: all digital documentation, El Sistema posters, any outstanding work
HOMEWORK FOR THURSDAY, MAY 5
– Mazmanian Gallery: arrive at 8:15am – 11:30am for final portfolio review.
Dress nice. We will have coffee, bagels and fruit.
Your individual meetings will be about 12 minutes total. Plan for about 9 minutes of speaking so you leave room for feedback/discussion. Practice ahead of time!
– Bring the following:
– a printed version of your portfolio with 5–8 finished projects
– some original pieces, unmounted
– process (optional but suggested), can be sketchbook or loose pages
– resumé, business card, one additional self promotional piece (4 copies of each)
– pdf version of your portfolio or your website shown on an ipad or laptop
(let me know if you need an ipad)
HOMEWORK FOR TUESDAY, MAY 3
– online portfolio website complete
– work on print portfolio
HOMEWORK FOR TUESDAY, APRIL 26 (and materials for final course wrap up)
– Reading: Graphic Artist’s Guild
Look through the entire book to get an idea of the information.
Graphic Designers: Chapter 8 (some of 9), and Appendix/Contracts and Forms
Illustrators: Chapter 10, and Appendix/Contracts and Forms
– 3 portfolio mock up spreads due, printed by 8:30
HOMEWORK FOR TUESDAY, APRIL 19